Australia deserves an Open Internet
- The Australian Federal Government is pushing forward with a plan to force Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to censor the Internet for all Australians. This plan to filter the Internet will not protect children from inappropriate material.
- The filter will not prevent criminals from accessing and distributing child sexual abuse material. This type of material is not distributed in the open and we need to fund police to continue to infiltrate and prosecute the groups of people responsible for creating and distributing such material.
- The filter will block access to material that is currently legal to possess and view, just not to sell and publicly display. The list of material to be banned is much more than child sexual abuse material. The banned category of material is anything that has been 'refused classification', which in the past has included websites about euthanasia, controversial movies such as Ken Park and Baise-moi, and many games that are designed for people over 16 years of age.
- learn more
Open Internet Campaign Hub
- This website is designed to be the campaign hub for all the different individuals and organisations that are that are campaigning against the Government's mandatory Internet filtering policy. Learn more about these groups here.
- Become a fan of an Open Internet for Australia on Facebook. By becoming a fan on Facebook you are showing your support and staying informed about the campaign.
3The Open Internet Blog
is a space where individuals and organisations can come together to talk about the campaign. If you or your organisation would like to write a post for the blog, please email [email protected]take action